The change of season is a bit of a nightmare for me, I crave comfort food and nothing is better than something sweet.
Below is Masterchef's recipe for Chocolate Fondat with Egg Nog.....yummmmm!
50g unsalted butter, extra for greasing moulds
2 tbs cocoa
50g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1 egg yolk
1 egg yolk
60g castor sugar
50g plain flour
Icing sugar for dusting
1 nutmeg, grated to serve
Boozy egg nog
1 vanilla bean, split
½ cup milk
1 ½ cups cream
6 egg yolks
70g castor sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC. Lightly grease 2 dariole moulds and dust with cocoa powder.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove from the heat, set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until pale. Add melted chocolate and sifted flour to mixture, carefully fold to combine. Divide between prepared moulds, bake for 12-15 minutes.
4. For boozy egg nog, place the vanilla bean and scraped seeds in a saucepan with the milk and cream and heat until almost boiling. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, bourbon and cognac in a large bowl, then slowly whisk in the hot milk mixture. Pour the egg nog into a clean saucepan, and remove and discard the vanilla bean. Stir with a wooden spoon over very low heat until egg nog thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
6. Strain into a clean bowl, whisk over a bowl of ice until cool.
7. To serve, un-mould fondant into centre of plate, pour egg nog around, top with a small amount of grated nutmeg and sifted icing sugar.